Sunday 16 October 2011

Going off my na-na!

After hours spent in front of this laptop this afternoon preparing budgets and our business plan (BORING!), I decided enough was enough.....I needed to create something! Although I'm a PA by day, my weekends were supposed to be reserved for my creative outlets, not crunching numbers and analysing competitors.

Poking around the kitchen looking for inspiration, I spotted the browning bananas in the fruit bowl....perfect! It was banana cake time! But not just any banana cake, this was my yummy Mashed Banana and Crunchy Walnut Cake. The best medicine to take the edge off the number crunching I thought!

I thought I'd share with you all the recipe as it was so very simple and came out beautifully. We haven't been able to stop picking at all afternoon......there goes dinner!

Enjoy x



125g softened unsalted butter
1.5 cups of caster sugar
2 eggs
3 mashed bananas
250g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ccinnamon
pinch of ground all spice
1/2 cup milk mixed with 1 teaspoon lemon juice

Walnut topping
3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
3 tablespoons self raising flour
1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
100g almost melted butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar

Lightly spray a loaf tin and line with baking paper and preheat oven to 180 degrees.

Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in eggs and mashed banana.
Sift the flour and spices together adding to the bowl. Add milk to mixture and lightly beat all together. Pour into the loaf tin.  
Combine walnuts, remaining flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and butter in a bowl and scatter over the uncooked cake.

Bake for 1 hour or until skewer comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting and serving.

P.S If you feel like being super naughty, try a thick spread of butter.....
 just to die for!

MEKO
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts