Sunday 2 October 2011

In the beginning there was Nina's Baby Shower........

So here we go, the first blog for MEKO! And one of many to come :)

Matt and I thought you all might like to see what we created for our very special friend Nina for her recent Baby Shower. With an unknown sex we had our work cut out for us theming everything in baby blue and baby pink. We hosted 12 ladies for a garden afternoon tea and thankfully Melbourne put the weather on for us!

There were many trips to Lincraft, Spotlight and Riot Art to find all these little trinkets and decorations. Not to mention the countless hours spent in $2 shops, it's amazing the goodies you can find in there! At one point I thought maybe I had gone overboard with the polka dots, but it all seemed to tie in well when put with the gingham and stripes. I almost died when I found my baby bunting, it just seemed to tie everything in so nicely.
Pictures speak a thousand words, so I'll leave you to it.........


An early trip to the market to put together these floral centrepieces that were made up of white freesias, roses and spray roses

Guests were treated to coconut cupcakes and chocolate salted popcorn cups made by Matt, pregnancy friendly finger sandwiches and mini quiches by me, traditional lemonade in mini milk bottles, retro swirl lollipops and strawberries and cream macaroons by our wonderful friends at Cacao 
    

The garden was decorated with these great lanterns I found on line at the lanternshop.com.au



We spent the afternoon decorating bibs and singlets for the bubba.
We definitely had a few artists on our hands!

The very happy Mamma and Pappa!

Stay tuned for the next blog, I've just got to get my act together and upload all the pics from my Vintage Picnic themed 30th!

XX
Matt and Eddie
MEKO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts