Sunday 16 December 2012

My Christmas table in the making........

With Christmas only a week out now I have started my preparations for decorating the Christmas table. I decided last week to embrace Pinterest and see what all the fuss was about. Let's just say now I really have a problem.....I'm obsessed! Who would have known there are so many great ideas out there all for the 'pinning'!!
 
My Pinterest board began with a clear theme.......pinks, pastels, pine cones and florals (check out the board here). But after a trip to Spotlight over the weekend my theme has evolved into navy and hot pink!! I found this great vintage style fabric that I fell in love with and just had to use.

 
My thoughts now lean towards a bold table runner using this fabric finished with more neutral tones of brown paper bon bons, white table napkins and soft white flowers all complimented with the same fabric ties.
 
Although my colour scheme has moved slightly towards the bolder colours rather than the softer ones as I originally had planned, the decorative pieces that I plan to use still remain the same.

 
 I am loving the idea of colouring my pine cones like this (although I need to find some first).

 
And of course no table will be complete without candles. I love this idea of the snowflakes stencilled on the jar......I just need to work out how I can do it!
 
 
And I absolutely adore this idea of tea-soaking tags to use as name tags. I plan to tie them on and around the napkins and cutlery in a neat little bundle. My tags are soaking as I write this right now! Hope they turn out this good :)
 
 
Anyway, must get back to it!
 
Happy decorating x
 
 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that fabric... good to know where you found it too. Can't wait to see a photo of your table when it's all setup for Christmas Day!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts