Friday 22 March 2013

It's all sunrises and butterflies here!

Thought it was about time for another update on my studio work as that is what I seem to be dedicating so much time to at the moment. I am seriously starting to run out of room to keep all these paintings, so please log on to my etsy shop and buy buy buy! Don't get me wrong though, I am selling my paintings which I am just chuffed about. It's hard to believe sometimes that people out there think my work is good enough to showcase in their home........blushing!! But I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea and it's hard to please everyone, especially when it comes to subject matters! I try to paint images and subjects that resonate with me in some way, that's how I create my best work. If I don't like what I'm painting, chances are it won't turn out well. The theme at the moment is definitely butterflies and sunrises/sunsets. Anyone would think I might have some issues with escapism and freedom!......what do you think?! I think I'm going to move on to some still life work though, got a burning hydrangea piece in me at the moment. The canvas is all prepped and ready to go, I can't wait!
 
Anyway these are some of the works I've been working on and finished recently, one of which has sold, but the others are still available in the shop. Hope it brings some serenity and peacefulness into your busy life x
 
 
"Purple Butterfly", stretched canvas, 123x92cm, $400AUD

"Woman in the Sunset", stretched canvas, 123x78cm, $400AUD

"Purple Sursise", triptych stretched canvas, 120x120cm, $500AUD

"Butterflies", stretched canvas, 120x100cm, SOLD

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts