I decided this year for the annual Fathers Day family get-together to whip up a batch of rocky road, not only to share with the family but also to gift to my lovely Dad (he just loves it!). But rather than the traditional rocky road of peanuts, marshmallows and glace cherries we decided to put a different spin on it. Standing in the fruit and nut section of the supermarket yesterday, Mr Meko and I brainstormed different combinations of fruit and nuts that might work well together. Apricot and coconut? Dried pear and fig? I think even blue cheese and fig got thrown out there as an idea! Eeeek!! But when Mr Meko suggested craisins, macadamia nuts and coconut, I knew it would be a winning combo......and needless to say it definitely was a hit! So I thought I would share the recipe for you to try. All too easy (as any rocky road recipe is) and just a little bit different.
Craisin, Macadamia & Coconut Rocky Road
325g pink & white marshmallows
100g moist coconut flakes
225g macadamia halves (roasted in the oven)
300g dark couverture chocolate
375g milk chocolate melts
1. Grease and line a small baking tray with silicon paper.
2. Melt your milk and dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until melted.
3. Meanwhile, place you marshmallows, craisins, coconut and macadamia nuts in a bowl. Pour 3/4 of your chocolate over the dry ingredients and mix well to cover.
4. Pour your mix out into your tray and spread out. Pour the remaining chocolate over the top and smooth out using a spatula.
5. Place in the refrigerator until set.
N.B Cover with glad wrap once set to avoid the chocolate sweating.
6. Cut into chunks and serve.